Fourth Biennial 2019 HERU Conference
On behalf of the Honors College at the University of Utah, welcome to the website for HERU 2019! We will be convening in Salt Lake City, May 21-22.
HERU is a biennial conference for educators working with high-achieving students at major research universities. It is a place for conversations to benefit our students and our programs. It is also a forum to collectively grapple with the very real challenges facing higher education in the 21st century, and the place of Honors education in helping to meet those challenges.
We began in small discussions with Honors Directors (see history page), and have grown into a conference with more than 150 attendees and more than 50 presentations. We invite you to become part of our conversation in 2019. You can join by attending, but we especially hope that you will contribute a proposal to the conference to share what you and your program have learned.
- Call for Abstracts - September 24, 2018
- Abstracts Due - November 16, 2018
- Registration Opens - January 23, 2019
- Early Bird registration - January 23, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- General registration - April 9, 2019 - May 10, 2019 (or until registration is full)